Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gen's thoughts on the new baby..... part II

So for a long time, Gen has NOT been thrilled about the prospect of the new baby. She's slowly coming around.

For the longest time, she refused to pray for "new baby" (yep, that's what we call it. creative, huh?). In fact, she would adamantly tell us, "I NOT pray for new baby!" But now, she volunteers to pray for him. (nope, we don't know what it is, but she is utterly convinced it's a boy, so it's easier to refer to the baby as "he" than to argue....)

She likes to hug and kiss new baby. Sometimes this involved pulling Mommy's shirt up in public, but I'll stand some public nudity and embarassment if she is interested in the baby.... really it's harder on observers than on me.

She talks to the baby. And puts stickers on it. And tries to feed it. And tickle it. And occasionally, she brings it her nenyah (her beloved green blankie).

A few days ago, she asked what new baby's name would be. Then she asked if he had arms. Both important questions, I guess.

Last night, she asked when new baby would show up. I told her 38 days. Then she asked (GULP!) how he was getting out. I told her that Mommy would go to the doctor, and the doctor would help the baby get out. Fortunately she accepted that. We'll be going with that answer until she's 13, I think....

1 comment:

Beth Bruns said...

My friend's 5 yr old son wonders when her baby is going to "hatch". She is fine with that explanation of how it's getting out!