Sunday, August 29, 2010

Apple time!


I saw an amazing idea on a friend's blog (Hi April!).  She took her kids to an orchard outside Lubbock!  Brilliant!  So on Saturday, we loaded up and drove to Idalou to the apple orchard.
There was a hayride tour.  A nice man gave Audrey this HUGE apple, that she proceeded to eat.  She was one sticky baby...

There was wildlife...

We picked our apples (see Audrey's holding another apple here.  She liked the availability of food...)
It was fun!  The apple trees are small dwarf trees, so you can reach the apples easily. 

After the orchard, we took the girls to eat at Freebird's.  I didn't take a picture.  I was too busy eating. 

Then, we went for cupcakes!  There's a cupcake shop by Banana Republic, and we took full advantage of it.



What a fun day as a family!

2 comments:

Hiding Your Words in my Heart said...

I am continually thankful for the kind of parents that you and Robert are to your two girls. Always thinking of nurturing times together...times that really make you a family. Couldn't ask for a better mother for our two little angels, Genevieve and Audrey Kate! You are doing a great job and I'm thanking God for you right now!

Peanut said...

Hi there!! Didn't know you read my blog but I'm glad you do! Glad you had fun at the orchard! As always...your postings always make me smile. :)