Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pets.

Genny came in the laundry room and announced "Mommy!  I decided I want a pet of my very own!"
To which I replied "You have Daisy."

{I'm sure all you parents out there know that wasn't going to be a sufficient answer....}

She thought about it.  "But Daisy is a FAMILY pet and I want one that's just mine."

Then I asked a dumb question.  "What kind of pet were you thinking of?"
"A little-bitty frog."
"Mommy doesn't do frogs well."  {I don't.  Really.}
Here Genny makes an ugly face at me...  and ponders.

"I know what we can get, Mommy!  A baby giraffe!"
"..."

1 comment:

Hiding Your Words in my Heart said...

Hey it is me Jocelyn Genny might just be a little to young she can probaly get one when she is 5 years old and she might just know what it is all about when she also knows that handeling a frog will be kind nasty and you will want a normal pet talk to you all later by because i am babysitting for my grandad when he gets back i will tell him youll said hi.