Moving the week before Easter creates an additional challenge to the sport of dressing everyone for Easter Sunday.

See, we managed to get it together in the end.
I had not yet uncovered my hairdryer and curling iron. And unfortunately they had been packed in the stages of “throw all this random crap into a box and don’t label it” It just adds to the challenge, you know?
Robert’s shoes were missing. There was quite a while where he was considering wearing flip flops. That or barefoot. Turns out his shoes hadn't gotten moved and we hadn't noticed that yet.
Genny’s dress went missing. Because I made sure to put it where it couldn't be lost in the move.
Gen refused to eat breakfast. Why? Probably because I had stuffed chocolate in eggs and hidden it in the house. Why eat when you can look for candy? What did I expect?

I had thought that hunting eggs would be the pinnacle of excitement for Genny. It was, but it was a slow process. About 10 eggs per hour was her speed. Unfortunately, I had stuffed and hidden about 50 eggs. You do the math.

I had bought really cute feather hair clips for the girls. They were shrink wrapped, and I didn’t open them until exactly when we needed to leave for church. And then I found this:

They were slightly larger than expected. She looked like a deranged fraggle. Why don't I open things before Easter?
The rest of the hair bows in our house (all 300 or so of them) have not been unpacked yet. So shortly after we should have left for church, I was tying some ribbon around Genny’s ponytails. Oh, the irony.

Audrey’s pantyhose didn’t even touch her legs. I know… you’re laughing at me for putting pantyhose on a baby. It even had little flower designs in it. But they made her look like a fancy albino elephant. So there you go.
In the carnage of the egg hunt, jellybeans were dropped and subsequently discovered by both Audrey and Daisy. Judging by the number of half-chewed jellybeans I found, neither of them found them delightful…

Yet after all of that, all of us made it to church mostly on time, completely dressed, and mostly appropriately….
And this year Genny "got" Easter a little bit more. We taught her to respond to "Jesus is risen" with "He is risen indeed!" and that made me awfully happy!
1 comment:
Priceless! I now see what you mean about the feathers....
Post a Comment