I try not to go grocery shopping. {I really shouldn't admit that.}
Let me amend that. I don't mind grocery shopping, but I try not to go with both girls. Because it's hard. Especially because I only go about once a week to 10 days. So I need a ton of stuff. And I have a list. And a full cart. And it's important that I get, you know, the stuff I need for the week. So we can eat.
Anyways...
This afternoon I found myself at Wal-Mart with both girls. Now if you put Genny in the upper seat and Audrey's car seat in the basket, there is only enough room for.... um, maybe 5 things. And you have to stash them strategically around the car seat and employees look at you like you're trying to steal stuff.
So it works better if you ask Genny to walk. But then you are guaranteeing that the entire store will know her name by the time you leave. "Genny, stay with me..." "Genny, don't touch that...." etc.
So I went with Audrey's seat in the basket and Genny as a free-range little girl.
So here's my top 12 events from today's grocery shopping trip. Just today, people....
12. Genny running toward me with a carton of eggs, full speed, yelling "EGGS! MOMMY, REMEMBER YOU SAID WE NEED EGGS!" {Why does she only use the all-caps voice in the store?}
11. Genny throwing as many boxes of Little Debbie snack cakes in the cart as she possibly could as I considered the prices of refridgerated biscuits.
10. Audrey barfing mid-store. Of course I didn't have a diaper bag. No place to store it.
9. Genny removing her shirt at the checkout. No, I have no idea why.
8. Genny running down the beer aisle screaming "BEER! MOMMY, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BUY BEER FOR DADDY!"
7. The checkout lady scanning the beer and then taking a few moments to consider me before deciding whether or not to card me for said beer. All the while the checkout screen read "IS CUSTOMER UNDER 40?" and she clearly couldn't decide.
6. Wedging the beer between Audrey's feet and the front of the basket, deciding that was an acceptable place for it, and then listening to her kick them the rest of the trip. {clang, clang, clang}
5. Audrey screaming at the checkout when I removed her new favorite kick toy so we could pay for it.
4. Genny blowing kisses to the lobsters in the tank.
3. Genny's love for and ability to locate weird vegetables on the canned food aisle. She likes to make helpful suggestions. "MOMMY HOW ABOUT THIS?" (hominy) "MOMMY I LIKE THIS ONE" (collard greens) "MOMMY CAN I HAVE THIS?" (red enchilada sauce)
2. Putting Gen in time-out at the store for picking on her sister. Like a moving time-out, really.
1. Spending an hour in walmart and $133 only to realize by the time I got to the car that I had forgotten quite a few things. Drat!

3 comments:
They have lobsters at Walmart?!?
This was truly a Laugh Out Loud post, just because it reminds me of EVERY SINGLE trip I make to the store with both girls. Fun times! I remember growing up in Spearman, the carts at the store were really tall. They would put cardboard on the bottom, and that is where we would ride. I wish I had a picture!
Well, I came to your blog because I hadn't had a good Genny/Audrey story or video in a while. I was near nausea when I finished reading this one. I'm not sure if it was because I laughed so hard, or because I was having flashbacks to shopping with my guys when they were little....
Post a Comment