Thursday, July 9, 2009

just one hour...

Thursdays after school are always... exciting. Genny doesn't nap at school, and she's always very excited after school. So here's a chronicle of the hour between getting home from school and leaving for ballet class.
At the top of the hour, Genny hit Audrey with her Dora (inflatable, not harmful, but still hitting...)
I told her, "Don't hit your sister with Dora. That hurts her!"
Wide eyes. Genny is horrified. "You mean it hurts Dora??"
I think for a minute. Tell truth, or use any means to keep Genny from whacking her sister.....
"Yes, it hurts Dora. And Audrey. Don't do it."
Audrey took an unexpected but very welcome nap. So we made some cookies.
I let Genny choose what kind of cookies we would make. These are pink-oatmeal-chocolate-peanut-butter-chip-cookies-with-sprinkles. pink ones. They're not bad!
While the cookies were in the oven, Genny serenaded Audrey who had woken up by now and was watching us cook.
And by the way, potty training is going well.....
and then we got dressed for ballet. I asked Genny which tutu she wanted to wear, and she told me "a black one." seriously? we went for neon green instead.

And then we went to ballet.

No comments: