Wednesday, March 18, 2009

We have a 6-pounder again!

Ladies and gents, Audrey is finally 6 pounds again. This makes 4 days that she has gained weight now. This is good. She seems to be making some progress keeping herself warm too, so the powers that be are discussing the possibility of an open crib instead of her heated box. {Personally, I wish I had a heated box. I don't keep myself warm all that well either.} Her feeding tube is out, but they are adamant that they can put it back in at any time. I know, I know. But you can't keep it out if you don't take it out first, right?

I keep forgetting to bring the camera to the hospital, so I don't have any pictures to post. Sorry.

Right now we are just hoping that this positive trend continues. There is always a risk of pushing her too hard before she is ready, but maybe this is the turnaround we've been looking for.

1 comment:

Gina's Musings said...

Such good news, Wendy! I know how tired you are of being without your precious Audrey and, despite Genny's dismay, how anxious you are to have her home. You continue in our prayers.