Sunday, March 1, 2009

Our little vacation

I wanted so much for us to take Genevieve on a family vacation before the baby was born--just the 3 of us. It kept not working out. About a month ago, we planned to spend the weekend in fabulous Lubbock (I know...) together, but Genevieve got sick and we had to cancel. Now I'm at a point in the pregnancy where it's unwise to leave town, but I was unwilling to give up. So I booked us a hotel room at the Amarillo Drury Inn for Friday night and packed our bags.
I told Genny we were going to stay at a special castle. She was SO excited! There was popcorn and snacks in the lobby when we got there.





She lounged with Daddy in our special room.




We went out for a special meal.






We went swimming in the indoor pool and it was great!

















We played Candyland in the room.



Sprite and fruit snacks before bed.....







Maybe it wasn't the dream vacation we imagined originally, but it was a wonderful special time as a family! And the travel time was ideal!

No comments: