Thursday, January 8, 2009

Weird things said to pregnant women....


So now I think I'm officially big enough that strangers feel it's ok to comment on the fact that I'm pregnant. I took a picture of myself today so that you have a frame of reference, since today I'm attracting quite a lot of weird attention.... and that way you can decide for yourself if I deserve it or not........

Weird comment #1: [Walk up to counter to pay for purchase] Saleslady says, "Oh, I just noticed you're pregnant. I didn't see your belly until you set it on the counter." {Hmmm? This is possible, though. I've lost all sense of the edges of my body and am probably setting all kinds of things in inappropriate places.}

Weird comment #2: [Standing in line to return something at Wal-Mart]
Lady behind me asks when I am due, and I answer "April."
She responds with "Well, you look like you could have it today. You're big! I bet you don't make it to April. You'll probably have a preemie." {Wow....}

Seriously.....

1 comment:

Monica said...

Wow! You look adorable!!

Working in retail, I've learned that 95% of people are total idiots...