Genny was given a book called "Mice are Nice." It's a cute little book about all the ways mice make wonderful pets. The pictures are cute. It rhymes. It's from her sweet cousin. But oh wait... it advocates mice as PETS!
So I didn't realize the danger of this book until yesterday. Genny announces....
Mommy! I want to get a mouse for our house!
Um, no sweetie.
But I waaaaaaaaant one. Mice are nice! {this is where I realized my huge mistake... the book!}
No, baby. Mommy doesn't allow mice to be in her house.
{Thinks intently for a while}
I KNOW! Let's build a little mouse house and put it in the backyard for the mouse!
And where would the mouse live?
Outside! In the mouse house! And.... I KNOW! We can get it some mouse toys and a mouse bed!
And what will it do?
{exasperated} It will PLAY with the mouse toys and SLEEP in the mouse bed, mommy!
What will it eat?
{extremely exasperated} MOUSE FOOD, mommy! I will get it a little bowl and fill it full of mouse food!
{thinks}
It will need water too. It can come and knock on Daisy's dog door and I will fill its little mouse water bowl.
But how will a mouse know to come live in our mouse house?
He will come knock on the front door and you will answer it and say "Hello, mouse! Come live in our mouse house."
But I might be scared. I might open the door and say "EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!"
No you won't Mommy. You won't be scary. You will be nice.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOL!!! That's too funny! A mouse house, furnished and stocked. I think you'll get a taker! ;>)
Post a Comment