Thursday, May 31, 2012

See this woman?  Wherever she is, she's annoyed with me.  Or, she should be.
You see, I decided mid-afternoon that I'd do a yoga DVD. One that she made.  Just a 25-minute one.  No problem, right?

I got about 10 minutes into it, and I was dutifully inhaling and exhaling, but all the time I was having to include in the sequence "no, please don't get the paints out now" or "please don't do that to the dog" as the girls were playing.  And by "playing" I mean that they were talking at the top of their lungs and driving rolling toys around me.  And asking "Mommy, what are you doing?" approximately 100 times.

Which is fine.  After all, taking care of them is my job! But then the dogs decided that every time I touched the floor, I was asking them to play.  Which I Was NOT!

Back to this lovely woman, who was leading the DVD.  She kept saying helpful things like "Quiet Your Mind" and "Find a Peaceful Spirit" which is good advice, but if only she could see through the TV!

Not to mention that she was insisting that I contort into all sorts of versions of pretzel shapes while "melting my heart to the sky" or whatever the hell that means.  Peaceful spirit, my ass.

So anyway, I made it through the DVD, to the end part, where you are supposed to lie peacefully on the floor and meditate or sleep or something yogatastic, and this was the invitation that the children and the dogs in my house could not resist...   but oh well.

Namaste, ya'll.

1 comment:

Monica said...

HA! You didn't center your chakras? I've been thinking I want to start doing yoga, but your post has reminded me why that would be a stupid idea!