Sunday, March 7, 2010

Audrey is 1 Year Old!


Dear Audrey Kate,
Today you are 1 Year old! What a big girl you are. We are so proud of you.

You are a crawling machine. In fact, today I saw you crawl carrying a toy in each hand and something in your mouth. Amazing. I think you'll be walking soon -- you get braver every day. But for now, crawling gets you where you need to go.

You love to play with your sister. You guys are starting to interact more and play games together. I think you are understanding how much she loves you and wants to spend time with you!

At last weigh-in, you were at 18 pounds. No wonder -- you love to eat! Table foods are your friend. Last week you put away turkey dinner with us and ate more than your sister. Amazing.

You are funny and charming and sweet, and you like people... mostly. As long as they don't get too close too fast! I love to watch you study things -- your toys, the dog, your sister...... you are smart, little tater tot! I think you will have lots of interesting observations when you have words to share them with us.

You have a screech that would shatter glass for miles. I am not sure how you came by this special talent, but some days it's challenging to listen to. It actually rattles my brain inside my skull. I look forward to the day when you can simply say, "more goldfish!" rather than let out a crazy loud screech.

We are so amazed by you, little Audrey. You are a blessing and a miracle, and we love you!

No comments: