Tuesday, June 24, 2008

ah, the 80's

We were reminiscing tonight about the various 80's fashions we wore, or witnessed other fools wearing............ so here's a top 10 recap:

1. Hypercolor T-shirts. Frankly, this made no sense. I don't want visual aids as to where I'm sweating. I should mention though, that I had one of the first of these in my little circle of 7th grade friends....
2. Hammer pants. What was the stylist on who came up with these? We abstained from this weird trend.
3. Coca-Cola shirts. Mine was pink and white, and I absolutely loved it. I think I wore it long after the trend had left the building.
4. Jeans with zippers on the ankles. What exactly were the zippers for? A shoe emergency?
5. Fold-roll. Boy oh boy did we do this one well.
6. Jams. Why wouldn't you want your shirt to be inside out?
7. Guess jeans. With the triangle on the rear. Fold-rolled.... hot!
8. Converse tennis shoes. I always wanted a pair of black hi-tops. Daring and dangerous!
9. Kaepa shoes. And trying to find a matching set of those blasted little triangle things to accessorize with my neon shirt!
10. Crimping, perms, and other ways to ruin your perfectly adequate hair.

Feel free to add other trends I missed!

1 comment:

Monica said...

That takes me back. What a fun list! I was master of the fold-roll, and I, too, wore my Coca-Cola shirt was past its prime. I'll try to think of others today...